Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday!

Today's theme is: Top 2 Favorite Songs

1. Breathe (2 AM) by Anna Nalick.
This has been one of my favorite songs for quite some time. When I first heard this song, I felt like it was speaking directly to me. It explained my passion to write and create. It justified my urge to vent.

"If I get it all down on paper, it's no longer inside of me,
Threatening the life it belongs to
And I feel like I'm naked in front of the crowd
Cause these words are my diary, screaming out loud
And I know that you'll use them, however you want to."




2. Stars Over Texas by Tracy Lawrence
I love everything about this man. His voice, his hair, that hat. Oh goodness. *fans self*
I'm usually not the type to go for the "country boy" artist, but this one started from an early age. Daddy listened to him all the time, and by the time I was 3, I knew all the words to every song he'd written thus far. I guess you could say I learned to talk by singing songs.

Anyway, this song has a lot of meaning to me. The end of the chorus makes me swoon. It's such a well-written song and his voice is just perfect for it.

"As long as the tides ebb
The earth turns the sun sets
I promise I'll always be true
And as long as there's Stars over Texas
Darling I'll hang the moon for you"


13 comments:

Emma said...

I love "Breathe." It is always a good calm-down song! :)

A 2 Z said...

Is the song playing on your blog from Lawrence?

Anne-Marie

Leslie said...

Breathe is one of my absolute favorites too!!

ciaraeden said...

No. The songs in my blog are by Casting Crowns and Tenth Avenue North.

Leah said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that song by Tracy Lawrence!

Kristin said...

Hi!! I'm your newest follower!!

Kristin :)
Keenly Kristin

chelle. said...

stars over texas reminds me of high school...love it.

Alicia said...

Hi, I'm your newest follower from Top 2 Tuesday. Have a Great Week...

Aubrey S. said...

Stars Over Texas is a fantastic song!

Jennifer said...

I love that whole Anna Nalick cd!! Great Picks!

http://theramblingsofahousewife.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

Stoppng by from Top 2 Tuesday! Great songs!

Kerry McCullough said...

Hi there! Following you from Tuesday Blog Hops. Looking forward to reading more. Mine is http://www.nestingwithniall.blogspot.com. Hope you'll stop by and follow back :)

Hanna said...

Hi there. I am your newest follower form the blog hop! Lovely blog:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com