Thursday, November 11, 2010

11/12 - Five Question Friday!

1. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Well, I've never broken a bone. And never really had anything too bad happen that was by total accident. The worse being that homecoming Junior year. I played snare in the (GIRL dominated) drumline. Snares can weigh anywhere from 16-45 lb. Mine probably weighed 30+ pounds with the carrier. Welllll, it was warm-up time in the bandroom (which I always hated because everyone played WAY to dagum loud and didn't take the marching seriously.) I had my snare propped up (I was being lazy). Let's just say that I wasn't making sure it was staying up and the next thing I know my strokes are hitting air. Yeah, the drum fell off onto my toes. Not my foot, my poor defenseless toes. I nearly broke like 4 at a time. I took my shoe off after finishing the song and Stephanie went into the bathroom with me to take off my shoes and socks to find a very black and bloody set of toes. We wrapped it up and off I went.

That night, I marched in my black socks. Then went to the hospital. With my band uniform on. And under my band uniform was my dance uniform because we'd had a pep rally earlier that day.

The next morning, I marched in a competition. With socks AND shoes. And the drumline kicked butt. As we girls always did. =) Okay, so it might not be one of those horror stories like of childbirth or something, but at least I didn't give you the lowdown on my many oral surgeries that accompanied my braces, so count yourself lucky.


2. How much sleep do you get at night?
I try to get nine hours. Usually it's somewhere around 6, but I function pretty well at 3 or less.

3. How long did you believe in Santa Claus? How did you find out that he does not exist?
You know, I don't remember when I found out or how I did. Mom said it wasn't a big deal when I did.

4. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
Red. And it was pretty stinkin good! I love those movies that keep me at the end of my seat, bouncing my feet nervously.

5. What do you wear to bed?
Whatever I'm comfortable in. Usually a tshirt and some sort of pajama pants. Right now I'm wearing my Bible Bowl shirt from like '05 or '06 and some comfy fluffy pajamas the brother got me for Christmas last year. =D



FYI:  This post was originally published before Mama M posted her answers. Her "broken toe" joke made me feel like a wimp. Nevertheless, it's probably the most pain I've been in. Sad, isn't it?


1 comment:

Josanne said...

Aww....your mashed toes don't make you a wimp! I had surgery on both of my big toes, and it HURT!!! I could almost feel your pain!
Thanks for sharing-came from the 5QF blog hop! Have a great weekend!