Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 111

My freshman year, I didn't have a speck of Christmas decoration in my dorm room. (Though Massey was Christmas-y enough without my help.) This year, since I have an apartment and ROOM to decorate, I decided it was about time I did. Seeing as I'll be moving out for the holidays around December 9th-10th, I want to be festive in Knoxville for at least 3 or so weeks. So, inspired by Jesslyn and my own love for Christmas, I bought myself a little 4 foot Christmas tree! They had teensie weensie ones in Walmart, but I wanted one a liiiiitle bigger - more substantial. And more room to put "stuff". When I discovered it was pre-lit, well that was a bonus. I had to get white, because I plan on changing my color scheme every year. This year is glittery green!


It's so dagum cute I might just have to take it back home with me after finals and decorate my bedroom!


Another thing I stumbled upon this evening is a book I've been eyeing for quite some time now. I've seen it in the UC bookstore, but finally I broke down and got it today when I saw it somewhere it wasn't supposed to be on a bookshelf (which irks me to no end.)

If you know me, you know I'm a softy for animals. Especially dogs. I'm not one of those people who hops at every ASPCA-esque commercial I see (knowing that 50% of those are just cruel heart wrenching scams.) Nevertheless, I HATE seeing an animal mistreated. Especially when it's a dog. Even moreso when it's a breed such as a pit bull who is supposedly "built" to be mean, because they are like any other breed - they yearn for an owner who will love them. Dogs are the epitome of loyalty, and if you treat them right, they'll give you their heart & soul to you.

So, if you're a dog-lover like me, you NEED to buy this book. I'm starting it tonight and I'm pretty sure I'll be in tears soon.

No comments: