Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Top 2 Tuesday!

Today's theme is: Top 2 Favorite Christmas Memories

This one is quite hard. I've always had awesome Christmases, but I can't really think of any specific memories or traditions that have been a big deal. Here it goes, I guess.

1. Splitting the holidays ... I have talked previously about the misfortune of splitting the holidays. My parents have been divorced since I was about 3, so you'd think I'd quit complaining after 16 years of being bused (or in the past 3 years, busing myself) back and forth between different holiday celebrations. Well, I'm still complaining. Deal with it. As I also said last month, it has its upsides. Besides the obvious answer of more gifts I get *more* family and *more* food. --- Maybe this isn't exactly a favorite memory, or even a happy one, but it is the first thing that comes to mind.

2. Love is in the air! ... This one isn't a tradition, but more of a memory, or a collection of them. I remember one year when my aunt Jackie was home for Christmas, her man proposed to her! It was so sweet and it was something that the whole family got to witness. (The family even made it re-propose so they could get it on tape!)  ---  I love the feeling among family and friends this time of year.

No comments: