Friday, January 28, 2011

1/28 - Five Question Friday!

1. If you had $1,000 to donate to a charity, which would you choose?
Right now, since I'm in "camp counselor" mode, I'd probably give it to Camp Koinonia. (The UT-sponsored one that happens in Crossville, TN.) I honestly believe that $1,000 isn't going to make a difference on, let's say, cancer research. I know that those of you that actually are reading this are probably screaming obscenities at the screen. I believe whole-heartedly that we need to find a cure for cancer. I also believe that "every dollar matters", but when you think about the hundreds of millions of dollars (maybe up there in the billions) that have went/is going to cancer research, a thousand dollars doesn't seem like much.

I am so very excited about Camp K. To give these children an experience that most of us take for granted is going to be awesome. I'm so honored that I'm getting to go through this program.

2. Snow days: Do you welcome them happily or are they a pain in your butt
Well, I'm in college now, so snow is almost unwelcome. It makes UT so pretty though. I guess as long as I don't have to cross pedestrian bridge/go up the 98 steps to the hill, I'm cool.

3. What talent did you wish you had and why?
 I wish I could whistle through my teeth/fingers like my daddy. I'm a bad-a whistler, but only the conventional way.

4. Are you a news, politics or celebrity gossip junkie?
 News, more so than anything. Politics bores/angers me. And celebrities need to be left alone.

5. What is your favorite "cocktail"? (Are you a beer person, a kiddie cocktail junkie, or perhaps your more the "Cosmo" kind?! Anything flies...doesn't hafta be alcoholic!)
 I really don't know. I've never been exposed to anything of the likes, even the non-alcoholic kinds. To me, there's no difference. You're still lusting for the alcohol. Then again, I'm never tasted anything virgin before (except a strawberry daiquiri when I was younger). So maybe they just taste good?



1 comment:

Tribute Books Mama said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/book-blogger-hop_28.html