Sunday, January 23, 2011

Day 183

As you can tell, I adore monkeys. (The name for my blog is scheduled to be explained, soon.) Last week when Jw came to Knoxville, I took him to a place called Mast General Store (my favorite place EVER in Knoxville) and I found a set of shelves FULL of sock monkeys and a gift set with a HUGE sock monkey and a book called "I Love Monkey". Now, let me show you some shots from this adorable book. ( I sat in the store and read it with my smiling boyfriend beside me. He knew I wanted the book ... and the monkey.)


Throughout the pages, Monkey tries to be lots of special things - a squirrel, a bunny, an owl, an elephant. But monkey finally realizes that the most special thing of all is to just be yourself. No one in the whole wide world can ever do a better job of being you, than YOU.

I highly recommend this book to parents and Early Childhood Educators. I'm going to bring this little gem up the next time self-esteem is a topic in my education classes (or if I ever take another Child Literature course.)

No comments: