Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Good grief, I miss DCI...

Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Phantom Regiment

I'm feeling a little nostalgic.

I have to say, the Cavaliers will ALWAYS hold my heart, but Phantom kicked butt in 2008.(Shush it, that was the last year I got to go...) Spartacus was my favorite show from that year. I can't find a video of the Cavalier's full performance that year. (What was it called, Samurai? Not sure...)

To those of you who ever made fun of marching band in the past, watch this crap and TELL me it's not a sport. I want you to play sixteenth notes perfectly on a 30lb marching tuba while staying in step at a 120 tempo. (Or crabstep with 30-40lb quads while using correct sticking...)

I wish I was this good. Heck, I'd love to just be the person who hits the gong. No joke...


(maybe this video won't get copyrighted anytime soon...)

Hey Mr. Gotcher, if you're creepily reading my blog like I figure you are, you should let me go with you guys this summer if you go. =D

1 comment:

Courtney said...

Such an awesome show! I was in marching band all four years of high school, and whenever I hear someone say it isn't a sport I KINDLY tell them they obviously haven't tried it, because I'm sure they haven't marched in 100 degree weather, in a black uniform, staying in time basically running across the field before! Haha!