Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Top 2 Tuesday!

Today's theme is:
Top 2 Things You've Learned About Money


1. It doesn't grow on trees.

Look at their poor confused faces.


I was never really one of those "gimme gimme gimme" kids. I was spoiled, yeah, but I never really asked for a lot. I had anything I could ever want. My parents didn't have a lot in their childhood and they tell me stories about how it was growing up in their homes. I realize what both my mommy and daddy had to do in order to get where they are. They are the hardest working people I know and somehow I learned the value of a dollar while watching them. I am very stingy with my money and I work hard for it.



2. It isn't everything.
If you want to feel rich, count the things you have that money can't buy.

Money never made a man happy yet, nor will it. The more a man has, the more he wants. Instead of filling a vacuum, it makes one.

I feel like evil and money are bi-directional beings. Money is the root of evil, but has anyone ever questioned what is the root of money?


Not only is it not everything, it's actually nothing.
Money is controversial. We are a greedy species. We yearn for money, yet at the same time we see the corruption it causes. As I said before, I'm a stingy person and I love to keep my money saved. But at the same time I realize that I'm falling into a trend of money-worshippers. That's depressing.





I try to keep this blog light-hearted and fun. I didn't really mean for it to become so deep. So if I bored you, I'm sorry! =]

No comments: