Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Top 2 Tuesday!

Today's theme is:
Top 2 Things You've Learned About Relationships


1. Your first will never be your last.
I so much wanted Josh to be the only person I ever dated. I thought it was ideal to be with one guy for all of your life.

Idealism is overrated. Live your life to your standards, not the world's.



2. When you can get along with each other's parents, everyone benefits.
I've always got along with my boyfriends' parents. I like to believe that I'm the respectable young lady that my momma and daddy raised me to be and that any guy can take me home to his momma.

However, my choice in guys was never that great. Josh and my parents didn't always, um, see eye to eye (maybe because he never looked them in the eye, spineless little jellyfish he was back then...) My dad never really knew Aaron and probably would've never liked him had he ever met him.

I'm pretty comfortable bringing Jw around my family. (I try to think that they're not secretly murdering him in their heads.)



We've been together 3 and a half years now and I can't really think of a time that my parents have said anything flat out negative about Jw. (Really, in my eyes there's not much negative in him except stubbornness!) I worry 24/7 what my parents think about Jw and what Jw's parents think of me. I guess you could say I'm too preoccupied with others' opinions, but not so much. It means a lot to me that his parents and mine agree with us being together. If they didn't, I probably couldn't stand it. In the long run, though, everything is mine and Jw's decision and I'm trying to keep that in mind.



1 comment:

Kendall said...

I totally agree that parents need to like your boyfriend! I've been in a relationship where my parents didn't like the guy and it was terrible! The relationship didn't last and now I'm married to a man that my parents love and it makes life sooooo much easier!