Thursday, April 7, 2011

You Say It's Your Birthday! {Why, in only FOUR days!}

So, as per usual I've been a-snoopin' on Jesslyn's blog and I'm gonna steal this & link up with Michelle.

--------------------------------------------------

I was born on Thursday, April 11, 1991 at 5:42am. I had been a stubborn little breech girl and momma was scheduled for a C-section for later in April. If you know me, no one tells me when or how I'm doing something. I heard those doctors and decided I'd turn around and do this my way. And buddy did I ever.

I came into the world rushing at 6lb 10oz.

And I don't think I've slowed down since...

Michelle threw out some suggestions on the link-up. One of them was to explain our favorite birthday. Do you know how hard that is? I'm going to be having my 20th birthday in half a week, and I can't think of a single birthday I didn't have fun at (except the one I got a shot in the butt on because I was sick. That one sucked...)

I guess the biggest memories are from the following:

3rd Birthday
I love this picture. Some explanation is needed, but I'm not going to give it.

I learned to drive early. I got my first car that day (a Corvette! What were they thinking giving all that Power Wheels horsepower to a 3 year old?) But man don't I look cool with that pink trim on the tires, convertible, sunglasses, and car phone! Shoot, that car was hot.



4th Birthday
Everyone was jealous over this cake. They should be jealous of my daddy. And this photo.


16th Birthday
Yep, I'm a spoiled little thing and I got a bigger set of wheels at 16. When I turned around to see a beautiful orange pontiac humming, I didn't know how to react. I just stood there, mouth open wide for a good minute, then starting crying. I'm not sure why I reacted that way. I guess sheer joy and knowing that I am way too blessed. I jumped in daddy's arms like I was 5 again and hugged him like I'd never hugged him. Yes, eventually I decided to get in. Only after I wiped tears from my eyes for about 10 minutes.

 18th Birthday
It was small, simple, and I loved it.






 

20th Birthday
Okay, I know it's not here yet, but I'm willing to bet that it's going to be my best. Nope, there's going to be no partying, no family, no boyfriend, no friends. Just my cabin group (hey, they are friends...), fellow counselors, and all the best campers in the world.


 T-minus 44 hours until I arrive at Camp Koinonia!






3 comments:

Cart Ridges said...

What a neat post! Looking forward for more post from you. Thank you for sharing!

Leanna Vera said...

I am so jealous of your Barbie Car! My parents would never let me have one since they insisted it would make me "lazy". They were clearly fun suckers haha

Michelle said...

Thank you so much for linking up with me! I loved this post!! I love your barbie car and all the pictures from previous birthdays! I love that you got a car for your 16th birthday! That's awesome! What a lucky girl you are! Your birthday is tomorrow so HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY! I hope you have a wonderful day! Thanks again for taking the time to link up! I very much so appreciate it! XOXO