Sunday, July 31, 2011

The beginning of something wonderful - the blog reveal

You know me, I had to have fancy schmancy beach photos with my love.

So on Wednesday, I decided I wanted to go out at sunset and take photos with us looking all pretty.


In 2009, my mom and stepdad took Jw and myself to Florida to visit my aunt. We took a photo there of us holding hands at the beach at sunset - it was a perfect silhouette.  So I decided I wanted something similar, to mark our first vacation alone. I set up the tripod. 

I had no idea what was about to happen.


After this photo, I walked back to my tripod. When I turned around to say something to Jw, he was right behind me on one knee. 

"Ciara Eden Stafford, the love of my life, the one I want to spend the rest of my life with, will you marry me?"

Right then and there, on the Atlantic shore at sunset, he proposed.


The photo above is our first photo as an engaged couple! I am wearing his mother's engagement ring - she passed it down to us in hopes that we will give it to our son - creating a tradition. That makes it much more special to me.

Excuse me, for I will be on cloud nine for quite a while.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww!! This is so sweet and beautiful pics!! Good luck!!!!

- Carlie Johns

EmCain said...

how exciting!! congratulations :)

Jesslyn Amber said...

Ahhh!!! This is so so sweet!
I love it. He proposed at the perfect time!

Congratulations Ciara!!!

LORETTA said...

THESE PICS ARE SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!

Ashley said...

awww congrats!! :) I love reading stories on how he proposed. I'm your newest follower, because I'm going through the whole wedding thing too - so maybe we can feed off of each other with advice that we hear. Except I can tell you that I'm getting stressed about it already. LOL. Can't wait to read/see more!! :)

<3 Ash

Shardi said...

Aw what a great engagement story! He picked such a beautiful place to do it. So romantic! Love the blog, btw. I am now following.

I would love it if you would check my blog out as well, it's got tons of great wedding inspiration!

http://theblushingbrides.blogspot.com