Sunday, October 23, 2011

11/30

Day Eleven: Your Current Relationship

I feel like I talk about Jw a ton. Sorry to everyone who is sickened by my mushiness.

Anywhoooo... 

Jw and I met each other in band. I was 13. Jw, another chick percussionist, and myself were playing Redneck Scrabble. (We had only 1 rule: If could pronounce it, it qualified as a word.) In a 2 hour timespan, we knew we were compatible. =) We were in that awkward boyfriend/girlfriend stage for a couple weeks my 8th grade year. It never went anywhere. We broke it off. We remained friends, but secretly liked each other still.

I went through a few rough years.

Somehow, by the grace of God, we reconnected in Red Boiling Springs, TN.  It was exactly what I had been praying for. God saw that I needed someone who would provide solidarity. 2 days later, we were dating. 1410 after that, we were engaged.

Congrats, blogger. This is the first virtual showing of the ring.

The proposal was very out-of-the-blue and with people looking VERY confused. (That's a common theme with us.) The ring is very sentimental to me - it was his mother's. We're the beginning of a tradition. It might not be the flashiest, but it means more than one that costs thousands.

Waiting is the hardest thing to do. And at this point, it's the only thing we can do.