Thursday, November 3, 2011

22/30

Day Twenty-two: 10 Things About you that People Don't Really Expect

People who know me, know me well. I'm close with an exclusive few. So I'm going to put my own twist on today's prompt and list things that people don't expect about me after a first impression.



1. I was a percussionist, softball player, and a dancer back in the day. Those three just do not go together, but I did them all, and I did all of them fairly well might I add.

2. I listen to a lot of screamo music. My itunes has been known to shuffle from Tracy Byrd to Underoath and Anna Nalick to I Set my Friends on Fire.

3. I'm from the south and I hate sweet tea.

4. I lived in 10+ houses in the first 11 years of my life.

5. I collect Barbies. I have 250+ in the boxes. With very few duplicates.

6. I'm a flexitarian. I mainly only eat white meat.

7. I have a bluejeans obsession. Most girls love purses, shoes, jewelry, etc. Don't get me wrong now, ladies, those are all great too, but nothing compares to a pair of jeans that go with anything. 

8. Now I know I'm contradicting myself here, but it drives me nuts being at this weight. I've disliked my body since I was 15. I skimmed the eating disorder surface and I have scars on my arms from 5 years ago. But I don't let it all take me over - I'm happy and healthy and I thank God for that.

9. I am actually quite a patient person. But I am intolerant of ignorance and, well, intolerance in general.

10. I get really angry when someone uses the phrases "mental retardation" or "mentally retarded". However, I understand that people don't realize it's old terminology so I forgive them.  But in my head I'm screaming "intellectual disorder" or "intellectually disabled".

No comments: