Wednesday, November 9, 2011

28/30

Day Twenty-eight: Month You were Happiest This Year and Why

I'm not sure why, but I'd have to say September. Possibly because I can't remember a whole lot before late May.

September was just such a calm month for me. I had gone through the transition to another college and to living with my parents again. And I was happy. For the first time in over 2 years, I didn't have to worry about if mom made it home in the storm - I would be home too. I didn't have to worry about if Jw got up for church - I went to his house and forced him out of bed. I didn't have to ask dad what his shifts were - I'd be home when he got home and left for work.

All those were things I'd taken for granted. I'm a worrier, and the peace that knowing little things like these brings is just astounding. And you never really miss it until you're alone in your apartment 120 miles away with nothing to do but worry.

No comments: