Thursday, December 8, 2011

Grammar Popo


So I was a little harsh, but really? I could go off and say that his comment was unnecessary, but he also pointed out how unnecessary my post was. I guess we're both to blame, but that doesn't stop me from being greatly annoyed.

Also, I realize I'm being incredibly hypocritical here. I don't always use correct grammar on facebook or on my blog. (Such as beginning sentences with conjunctions) But neither do interchangeably use "you're" and "your". How about the eye seizure-inducing CaPiTaLiZaTiOn Of EvErY oThEr LeTtEr? Then there's the padding of extra letters onto a word. (For example: "anddddd" or "Skankkkk" - which, sadly, I happen to witness a lot on facebook.)  I have no problem when it's once in a status or maybe 2 in a post. But when it's in 75% of your writing, I start to imagine you really talking like that.

As I read in a CNN article: "Yes, I know the punctuation rules are different in the digital world. And, no, no one likes a spelling-Nazi schoolmarm. But you sound like a moron."

Hm, I'm probably being a little critical. My collegiate friend was only being cynical about my views, but I can't help being defensive.

How do you deal with annoying typers? And much more importantly, how do you deal when someone's thrown metaphorical tomatoes at you for speaking your bit?

2 comments:

Robin said...

I love what you wrote in that status.

I hate when people use the "Grammar Nazi" excuse. Anyone who is out of high school - out of middle school, even - should know the proper usage of you're/your and they're/their/there.

Javier said...

I really like your blog, follow u, do u wanna follow each other :)?
unknownlooks.blogspot.com
XXX