Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Na na na na hey hey hey goodbye!


Please excuse the red, weepy, and makeup-free face. I wasn't allowed to bathe for 24 hours after the surgery and I have to be makeup-free for 2 weeks! (I'm gonna miss my mascara...)

But nonetheless, I CAN SEE! And what a wonderful thing this is.

I haven't been without some sort of visual aid since I was 5 and it felt so good to not have to get up and search for my glasses this morning. I know I could've been a lot worse off, but something that these 16 years have taught me is that vision isn't a right, it's a privilege. I was blessed from the beginning to have had someone intervene when they did and blessed enough to have parents that shelled out mucho dinero for me all these years just so that I could see.

And now I am thanking God for people like Dr. Alissa Hudson. (Yeah, my ophthalmologist was a woman. Booyah.) Not only did she give me near-perfect vision in about 10 minutes, but she actually cared about me. This woman is phenomenal.

Unfortunately, I'm having to limit myself on computer usage. My eyes don't like looking at this screen for very long.

Now, excuse me while I go take my long-awaited bath.

No comments: