Tuesday, September 4, 2012

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind

I stole the idea to do these from my friend Jesslyn Amber's blog. Maybe it'll make me get a grip on some things that have been going on. I'm going to break this up into parts, in no particular fashion.

1. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? 
There's times in my life that I don't feel like I should be an adult. I don't feel mature. And I feel like I've barely accomplished anything in my life. I feel 17 or 18, not 21. 

2. Which is worse, failing or never trying? 
Failing to try is the worst mistake you can make. Some would say that I have fashioned my life after trying new things and striving to be the best at whatever it is. Ask my father, and he'll probably tell you my life's motto is " At least I can say I tried. If I hadn't, I probably would've regretted it." 

3. If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? 
Sometimes there are flaming hoops of fire that you have to jump through in order to get where you want. I do not like being in college (okay, so sometimes I do) but I know in order to have a teaching career, I have to waste years of my life in a stuffy university classroom. // As far as not doing things we like doing, that's harder. Many times, there are so many thin, gs we want to do with our life that we can't prioritize them. We can say "Oh, wow, I'd love to do this one day" and then never make a point to do it. Life just gets in the way. 

4. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? 
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. It's the old saying. As I said before, there are so many things we wish to do with our lives and to better the world. But unless we put it into action, our intentions are pointless. I make it my personal goal to make the world a better place by glorifying God in my words and actions. // "What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food,16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good is that? So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead." But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works.

5. What is the one thing you'd most like to change about the world?
I would like to end hunger. There is a preacher who had an effect on me one time. He was talking about how we can go places and hand out bibles, which is great. Amazing. Although, he pointed out that there are many people in this world who are nursing another hunger - a physical hunger. What good is a bible going to do if a child is unable to read it because he must go forage for food in trash? I would love to feed peoples' hunger for food and Jesus Christ.

6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?
Being with Jw, my family, and the Lord. I'm rich in blessings such as those.

7. Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?
After many years of pretending to be what I'm not, I'm proud to say I am doing what I believe in. My passion is children, in general. I believe that each child is beautiful, unique, special, and equal to his/her peers, each with their own God-given talents and traits. I want to be with children at their youngest, when they are most impressionable - in the years that matter most. I believe that including children with special needs in this environment is beneficial to all involved. Sometimes I'm in situations that I don't know how to handle. I have gotten discouraged before, a lot. But I'm here to say that I'm not going anywhere. I'm where I belong.

8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
I wouldn't have wasted those years dating guys who I couldn't see myself marring. I would've stuck with Jw 9 years ago. I hate to admit it, but I wouldn't go to college. (12 + 4 years of school = 40% of my life in class.) I would exercise more to raise my chances of living past that 40 years. I would take more photos for future generations.

9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course our life has taken?
Too much of a degree. All of my life it's been mostly Ciara and a little God. I'm slowly changing that. I want to follow the path that the Lord has set out for my life.

10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
I am most preoccupied with doing the right things. Mostly what's right for my life, but also what's right morally.

11.You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do?
Usually I sit there quietly just to see how raunchy people get. But obviously I stick up for my friend. Usually I start with saying good things about the person, but it the criticism doesn't end, I get up front and blunt about it. I am the kind of person that says what's on her mind, but it takes a lot to really get me going.

12. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?
Romans 8:31

13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
Wow, I never really thought about that. According to Romans 13, if you break the law, you are rebelling against God. But to be honest, I probably would break the law to save someone I loved without even thinking.

14. Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity?
Music. The first time I looked at a piece of music, I thought "Gee, this is insane, I'll never learn this." Now, every time I see a piece I think of the creative genius that went into composing it.

15. What's something you know you do differently than most people?
Sleep. My sleeping position is just weird. The more awkward and uncomfortable, the better.

No comments: