Saturday, September 15, 2012

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind, part 2

16. How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy?
Each and every experience is unique. And people interpret things differently. The memories, skills, experiences, and hobbies that I have is what makes me an individual.

17. What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What's holding you back?
Give my testimony to someone and maybe help bring them to Christ. I guess I haven't because I don't feel like my testimony isn't that great. There isn't some big obstacle I had overcome or anything I had miraculously done to bring myself to Christ. I grew up knowing the Bible and when I was 15, it just felt right. October 18, 2006, I became a Christian.

18. Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?
Yes.

19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?
If I must move to another state, it would be Kentucky. I suppose it's because it's so similar to where I live now. (But there's no challenge in that, now is there?) If I must move to another country, it would be Greece. The landscapes there are breathtaking.

20. Do you push the elevator button more than once?Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
Yes. And yes, I do believe it makes it move faster.

21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? 
Joyful simpleton. Worry is pointless, it gets you nowhere.

22. Why are you, you?
For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. Psalm 139: 13-16

23. Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend?
When I look at it, no I haven't. I am a jealous person and when I see someone calling my best friend their "friend" I'm all like "NO! Mine, I called dibs."

24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
Losing touch with a good friend who lives near you. And then you know when you're at fault and you do nothing about it. It's an awful feeling. And guilt usually keeps us from fixing it.

25. What are you most grateful for?
Well, first and foremost the Lord for loving me when I don't deserve it. But besides that, my parents. I know people say they "love" their mom and dad, but I seriously love my momma and daddy. One of my biggest pleasures is knowing they are proud of me.

26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
To never be able to make new ones. Old memories are great, but time marches on and life continues after loss.

27. Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first?
Yes. I would say I knew the truth of the bible, but I will admit I challenged it before I accepted it - for years. I never found anything that would sway my belief in Jesus. Thankfully!

28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
No.

29. Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now?
Five years ago I would've been texting James William Jones obsessively. (Tomorrow marks five years for us!) So I probably was floating in the clouds, not angry.

30. What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special?
I have two or three. Two are lengthy, so I"ll spare you those. However, one that I hold dear is me and daddy riding bikes or racing down Roddy Hollow to the gas station. He always gave me a dollar or two to get a yoohoo and some gum. I'm not sure why it's so special, but it really makes me smile when I think about it. That gas station is gone now. It's a shame my sister didn't get that same memory...

No comments: