Monday, June 10, 2013

#9 & #10 - Done!

#9 is "Run a 5K"
#10 is "Participate in a benefit/charity run or walk"

I never really thought I'd knock both of these out. I had hoped the 5K I would do during this would just be the Color Run, but little did I know that things would fall into place for me to participate in a color run that would benefit such a great group.

Saturday, my bloggy friend Ashleigh and I teamed up for Color the Curve. It is a very colorful 5K benefiting Scoliosis patients and also wants to raise awareness to get scoliosis screenings back in schools!



We had an absolute blast! Unfortunately it had been entirely too long since either of us ran, but I still think we did pretty well! 



Things we learned from Color the Curve 2013:

1. Do not wear the lowest cut socks you own. If you choose to do so, you will have painful blisters on the back of your feet.
2. Bring baby wipes. And possibly two changes of clothes. Or however many you may need before you can successfully change clothes without getting color on them.
3. If you open your mouth while someone is throwing colored cornstarch at you, you're going to have a bad time.
4. Tutus make running much more enjoyable.
5. Wear the shoes you're used to running in, even if you think they'll get colored. That's what bleach is for.
6. Don't leave your phones in the car. iPods do not take great quality photos.
7. People will finish before you. People will finish after you. Just have fun!

No comments: